Our Recipe Booklet... (cover to the right)
We have printable pages for all of our recipes. Below is the list of recipes. Just click and print!
|For the brave at heart we have included along with some of our favorite Mexican recipes, recipes to make tortillas from scratch for both corn and flour tortillas. There is nothing like tortillas hot off the griddle and always remember to put them directly into your Tortilla Oven® Tortilla Warmer to keep them “Fresh & Hot” throughout your entire meal.|
|Tips and Techniques to Ensure Success:|
- Stay away from bread flour as it has a high gluten content
- Use a lightly floured wood cutting board that is unfinished rather than a slick surface like a countertop. This will prevent sticking and give you better results.
- A flat dough scrapper works great to lift the flattened tortilla off the cutting board.
- Use a small diameter rolling pin and roll from the center out.
- Always use a heavy griddle or comal to cook your tortillas.
- If you want flavored Flour Tortillas you can add many different seasonings:
- Chopped fresh herbs (like oregano, rosemary, etc.)
- A tsp. of dried herbs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Minced jalapeños peppers
- Fresh minced garlic
- Replace the salt with garlic salt
- And anything you think will taste good, experiment
When adding dry seasoning, always add to the dry ingredients first, and when adding “wet” seasoning add to the milk.
Enjoy and let us know how your Tortillas turned out. You can also send us your recipes and we will publish them in our “Customers Favorite Recipes” section coming soon in a few months.
About Us | Product Info | Custom Designs | Use and Care | Recipes | History | Facts
Contact | Home
La Tortilla Oven® US Patent Number RE42,311
La Tortilla Oven, LLC
340 S. Lemon Ave #6509
Walnut, CA 91789
Copyright ©2005-2016. All rights reserved.